Friday, November 30, 2012

Heart bursting love

I called my children to say hello tonight.

Coen answered.
"Hi Mommy."
"Hello Coen!" I said. "I miss you! How are you?"
"I ran real fast today, Mommy.  I ran real fast and I jumped real high."
"Really? Sounds like fun! Were you in the gym?"
"No, on the playground after school.  Lucy wants to say hi.  I'm kissing the phone.  I love you."

Then it was Lucy's turn.
"Hi Mommy.  What are you doing right now?"
"Hi Angel! I'm just sitting on the bed in my hotel.  I just ate."
"I'm eating Kid Cuisine tonight.  Pasghetti.  With a brownie!"
"You are? Sounds good."
"What are you going to do after you eat, Mommy?"
"Probably watch a movie.  I can't wait to see you tomorrow."
"I love you, Mommy. I kissed the phone."
"I love you too Lucy."



Simple conversations.  But hearing their little voices, which always somehow sound an octave higher over the telephone than they do in person...  My heart felt like it was going to combust with my love for them. 

Being a parent can be really...
Amazing.


No comments:

Post a Comment