Thursday, September 8, 2011

Idioms, literally

I think it is just hilarious when people use an idiom but then also say 'literally'. Today I received an email stating that someone was 'literally stuck between a rock and a hard place'.  And I had to laugh.  Even though its not very nice to laugh at someone who's stuck between a rock and a hard place because being stuck between a rock and a hard place is a very bad place to be indeed.  Obviously.  See below.



She was literally stuck between a rock and a hard place.

Also, enjoy these other drawings I did, based on other idioms I've heard people say with the word "literally" where "figuratively" should be.  Oh how I love it.  Literally.


I am literally all thumbs when it comes to gardening.

My intern literally bent over backwards to help me.

3 comments:

  1. I am literally laughing out loud.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Alie, I love your art. I'd like to use one of your cartoons in the nonprofit online magazine I publish, Blue Avocado (www.blueavocado.org) and I'd like to give you credit. Are you open to this? Jan Masaoka jan at blueavocado dot org.

    ReplyDelete