Saturday, February 23, 2013

This totally happens to me.


Coen has been reading a lot of comics lately.  And this morning I was looking at his Peanuts Treasury while I drank my coffee and I found this one.  I remember this one from when I was a kid.  I loved this strip because THIS HAPPENS TO ME!

Does it happen to you? Because it happens to me.  I become aware of my tongue. Sometimes I become aware of my whole mouth.  It is indeed an awful feeling. 

Sometimes, I'm even aware of my whole self.  I'll be at some sort of event--usually one in which I am out of my element or I don't know anyone.  And I'll become suddenly aware of my whole self...how I'm acting, how I sound. And the more I try not to be aware of myself, the more aware of myself I become.  Until I feel both invisible and like fifteen feet tall at the same time.  It's much worse than being aware of your  tongue.  But if there's just one person there that I know well and knows me back..then I can say something to them about how I'm aware of myself.  And they'll either know what I mean or tell me how weird I am.  And I'll realize that they're right.  And either way, I'll feel better. 

Anyway, I thought I'd share in case any of you are ever aware of your tongue, aware of your mouth, or aware of your very self.  You are not alone.

No comments:

Post a Comment