Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Kalahari here we come

Tomorrow we go to Wisconsin Dells for the Wisconsin Statewide Transition Conference at the Kalahari, which I go to every year and bring my family.  The kids have been counting down the days since about thirty days ago and were so happy this morning at the breakfast table when they could say "TOMORROW we go to the Kalahari". 

Last year when we went, I wrote this particular blog post after I felt like my kids were taking it a bit for granted the super fun thing they get to do.  Coen assured me this morning after spooning a big bite of grapefruit in his mouth, "Mom, this year, I'll be pretty much happy the whole time, I think."  They both speculated on which slides they'd go down and with whom and I started thinking about how we've been going on this February trip since 2007. 


Coen checking out the game room on his first trip to the Kalahari


Lucy, in her very first swimming suit February 2007
 I think it's lovely that we've been doing this for as long as we have.  We always spend most of our time in the water park and then dry off in our room in front of the fireplace.  I think, despite the fact that I'll be working much of the time, I'm looking forward to it almost as much as they are.

I'll likely not write until our return.  I'll let you know how it went.  And which slides we went down.

No comments:

Post a Comment