Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Pizza and Movie Night

Monday evening 5:00
Sunday nights are Pizza and Movie night at our house.  Except Memorial Day weekend. Then, it's Monday.

After this weekend, my kids were ready for it.  See?

Friday, Coen and all the other third graders at Highland presented exhibits they researched and created for an event at the Milwaukee Public Museum.  At the end of the day, he and his good friend (and research partner) Dylan were on the playground at school begging me and Dylan's mom for an overnight.  So Dylan's family picked Coen up from our house at 5:00 and he got an overnight while Lucy got a night in with just Tad and me.
Coen and Dylan and their Corn Snake Exhibit





Saturday Coen got dropped off at 9:00 and we all went off to watch him play in a 10:00 and then an 11:00 soccer game.  My parents came to watch and then took us out to lunch at Honeypie Cafe in Bayview, followed up by some quick thrift shopping.  We met my sister and her family a few hours later, at 4:00 at Hart Park and then all went out to dinner at Cafe Hollander and dessert at YoMama.  All four of us crashed early that night.

Highland Honeys Triathlon team (Photo: Janet McMillan)
Sunday I biked to Hart Park and then went on a three-mile run with some Highland mom's to train for our Triathlon in August.  Then biked back to find my family wanting to go on a bike ride.  We biked to Dairy Queen after lunch on the porch.  The children ran around the neighborhood--Lucy alternately digging in the dirt and playing the the baby two doors down and Coen having some sort of epic battle with several neighborhood boys (it looked a little Lord of the Flies-ish) for two hours.  Then Tad went off to Madison to see a friend for the night and the kids and I went to an anniversary party.
We got home around 9:00 and my children were asleep within five minutes of my going downstairs after reading to them.

Needless to say, Monday we had no qualms about remaining indoors and in our pajamas the whole day through.  Tad returned  around 10:00 a.m. to find Coen, Lucy and I about to try playing the game of Life (his old board game) and he joined us.  By the time we were even remotely interested in getting out, it was nearly time for pizza and movie night.  So in we stayed. 

Pizza Before Baking

Pizza After Baking
Tad and I finished the night off by watching the new Arrested Development and eating ice cream.  I think I was sleeping within three minutes of us going to bed.

I'm ready for next weekend already.

No comments:

Post a Comment