Monday, January 30, 2012

Mondays are really not so bad.

I have always been of the mind that Mondays are really not bad.  It's Tuesdays that I don't like.  Tuesdays are NO GOOD. But a day like today, Monday, the first day of the week, especially after a lovely lovely weekend...I'm still just pretty happy.

Friday I picked Lucy up early and pretended for the afternoon that I am a stay-at-home mom. I love pretending that.  I don't think I'd be very good at it, but I love to be home with my kids for an extra day, half day, or a few days beyond weekends.  Lucy and I threw an impromptu play date.  I picked up Lucy and Zef (our neighbor and Lucy's class mate) and when they got in the car, Zef said, "Can my eat lunch at your house?" and Lucy said, "Yeah, can Zef eat lunch at our house?" So we stopped at his place and asked his mom if he could come over.  And then my other neighbor who is home on Fridays came with her two younger kids. And then my other neighbor called and said "Can we come play too?" Of COURSE! 

Saturday, Coen went to play practice while Lucy and I went to hang out with my sister and her kids.  In the afternoon we went to Winter Fest at the Urban Ecology Center in Washington Park.  It was sooooo fun!

The kids ice fished, sledded (twice), had hot cocoa, pie, and baked potatoes, saw sled dogs, played snow soccer, and watched a jug band.  We ran into countless neighbors and school friends and I wore snow pants and therefore never tired of being out doors for the whole three hours we were there.  The event made me feel proud and happy to be part of such a community.  And the day ended with me going out to dinner with friends.

They didn't catch anything, but there was a lot of pretending to have caught things.

Yesterday, we had breakfast with my parents and then we all went to see a Wave game.  It was a work event for me, and I had my girls from my girls support group there.  We got to be on the jumbo tron where I was interviewed about our programs and our girls groups.  I love being on the jumbo tron. I love seeing my girls.  I love work events where my family can be a part of it.  It was love all around.

I know this blog post isn't particularly amusing. It might not even be interesting.  But it was a really good weekend.  And this morning, MONDAY morning, my kids got ready to go without an issue.  Tad and I were pinnacles of patience.  Collaborators of calm. 

I hope your Monday is okay too.

No comments:

Post a Comment