Friday, January 20, 2012

Pickle fingers

A few weekends ago, Tad and I went to his work holiday party.  We were to bring a white elephant gift worth about $10.  I put together a package of all kinds of goodies: a tin of enlighten-mints, candy, and some novelty items. My favorite item I put in there was a "pickle finger".  What is a pickle finger, you might ask.  Well, it is a plastic pickle-shaped thing that you can put over your finger.  It's fun! It's weird! I love it!

So when my recipient opened her gift and pulled out the pickle finger, everyone was full of laughter and elbowing and double entendre talk.  "I'll KEEP this one!" she said and everyone laughed.  Later when we were talking bout who gave what, I insisted "I hadn't even thought of it that way at all! Honest!"  She gave me a pat on the head.

I was relaying this story to everyone in Harald's room at Pleasant Valley Nursing Home last weekend and they just couldn't get over the fact that such a thing existed. 

Today, six packages will head out from the post office to Argyle, NY; Baltimore, MD; Madison, WI; . San Francisco, CA; and Chicago, IL.  Each will contain a note and a pickle finger.

No comments:

Post a Comment