Thursday, May 3, 2012

Last stroll down Frederick Avenue

When I moved into 2579 N Frederick Street, I was twenty-two years old.  In my journal, I found this "poem" written on February 23 of 1998:





Why 
Aren't
You
Calling
Me?

Top notch huh?  And I thought majoring in English and Creative Writing was brilliant!  My sister, on the other hand, was an artist at that time.  Here are the kinds of pictures you get of yourself when your sister is in the School of Photography.


And here are the kinds of pictures you get when you think it would be hilarious if everyone was holding a household item in a snapshot:



But, you know, it was college. Speaking of which, this was our fridge at that address:


It appears we have a jar of jam, some miracle whip and the rest...beverages.  Wow.

I will look forward to gathering Saturday with some close friends and friends I haven't seen in a long time.  It's been fun too looking at pictures and remembering how I was.  That was a fun, hard, weird, growing time....
Happy almost weekend everyone!

Here we are gathered around, singing Closer to Fine by the Indigo Girls. Ohh the 90s.
 

 

  



No comments:

Post a Comment