Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Unwinding

Every night, Tad and I have a similar conversation.  Usually after we've watched something together or both worked on different endeavors, creative or not.  For me it could be sewing, blogging, working on a story I'm writing, playing on Facebook, or talking on the phone... For Tad it could be writing, emailing parents of his students, working on his website, Fantasy Baseball, or real baseball...

At any rate, there comes a point at the end of the night, when I say, "I'm going to bed.  You coming?" And Tad says, "I'll be there shortly. I am still unwinding. I don't want to sprint off to bed." And then I say indignantly, "I'm NOT sprinting off to bed. I am unwinding too! I'm going to READ!" 

So last night, when I was in bed, unwinding, I noticed that since I had rearranged the bedroom (as I do every spring, putting our bed directly under the window and moving it away from the window every fall) that as I was unwinding, I had a direct line of vision of Tad unwinding. Which made me giggle.  And I giggled until he finally looked up at me.

"I can see you!" I said.

Tad shook his head.  Here is what I saw -------->

Isn't that funny?  Look how directly I can see him!  So then I said, "Now take a picture of me!" He shook his head again and laughed. And obliged.

It's hard to see, but there I am, in bed. Reading.  Unwinding! And laughing very hard at our direct line of sight to each other which of course was impeding Tad's unwinding.  And this isn't a very good picture; which he didn't tell me.  He knows I would have gotten up and turned lights on and made him take it again, further impeding his unwinding process.

So, we unwind in different ways.  He likes to stay up and dressed and on the couch and I like to get cozy in bed and read until I'm sleepy. Oh. and be antagonizing. That is also really helpful to my unwinding process.

Aren't you glad you're not married to me?


No comments:

Post a Comment