Saturday, October 27, 2012

Toast.

I was so relieved to find kringle in the kitchen at work on Friday morning. Because I was still hungry after breakfast.  And to explain why I was still hungry after breakfast, I must first back up to Wednesday morning. 

Wednesday morning I poured the kids each a bowl of cereal and set it at the table with their milk, juice, and vitamins.  Coen came marching in after me with a very angry face.
"I don't like this cereal."
sigh.
"Well Coen." I said, "You can make yourself something else then."
"What?!!" he exclaimed practically falling on the floor.
"Make some toast. You know how to make toast."
After several attempts at protest, he resignedly made himself some toast.

Then realized how fun it was.

So then he made toast again on Thursday night to eat with dinner.


And he announed before bed that he was going to make us all breakfast on Friday morning.
TOAST!

I am not kidding you, it took him almost a full 45 minutes to make our breakfast. Seriously. Tad was late for work!!  He made mine first, very delicately spreading butter crust to crust.  Then he made Tad's. Same thing.
I said "Coen. Don't you want to toast two at a time? It's faster."
"No." he replied. "This is fun. I'm spreading out the fun."
AND HOW!
So while mine and Tad's toast sat at the table, patiently waiting for their companions, Coen made his and Lucy's toast.
Lucy's was last and she joined him in the kitchen yelling to us, "If you come in here, Mommy and Daddy, close your eyes!  He's making me a super special recipe!"
Coen brought in Lucy's toast and placed it on the table.


It's peanut butter, honey, cinnamon sugar, katsup and barbeque sauce.  She ate it.

And while I tried to swallow down my cold and soggy jam and butter toast (while averting my eyes from Lucy's "special recipe")  I praised my son for making breakfast.
Tad raised his glass. "A toast to toast!" he said.
Cheers.

Have a great weekend everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment