Friday, December 2, 2011

Crafty evening

Last night after the kids went to bed, I sewed.  I'm a fairly new sewer in terms of making things, so out of the three things I made, only one worked out, but I'm okay with that. I enjoyed myself.  I had a pile of old sweaters that I have decided to craft things out of.


So I made a kitty hat.  And though it was my first project of the night, it turned out the best.  Here it is:



Kinda cute!

Then I tried another hat out of the same sweater using the ends of another sweater for the trim.  I put the trim on upside down and that hat was probably too small for even a doll. Oh well. Then I started on some arm warmers. They turned out okay but then I added embelishments to the first one.  Not so good.  So all in all, I made a good hat, a throw-away hat and one arm warmer.

The house was quiet; I assumed the kids were sleeping. So after I finished, I got myself a bowl of kettle corn and turned on the TV.  Then Coen called me. 

"I can hear your sewing machine and it sounds like a monster. And I can't sleep from all this warm spit in my mouth."

No comments:

Post a Comment