Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Winter Wendall

The other night when I went to tuck in Coen, he said he was having some doubts about Santa Claus.  I tell you, I was more evasive and less forthright about this topic than I was when Coen asked me how babies are made! (Specifically, he asked, "Mommy, how does Daddy get the sperm inside you?)  That question, I answered it with calm and poise of a true sex-educator.  But Santa Claus?!! I panicked.  He said that he wanted to believe in Santa Clause but he was pretty sure it was just me and Daddy.  I let him stay in that spot and told him we could talk about it more anytime he wanted.  Then I got the hell out of his room, lest any more questions came up!  I am not ready to let go of the magic!!!

This weekend, Winter Wendall comes to our house.  Winter Wendall is our Solstice Wizard and he fills our stockings.  I posted about him in my old blog-feel free to read here.  I hope my children both believe, Coen at least for one more year.  I'm hanging on to Winter Wendall for as long as I can.  Here is my rough depiction of Winter Wendal:



It was when I was about nine, when I realized the truth about Santa Claus... I was sitting at a bar with my mom.  I think it was the Narrow Lane. 
I said, "Mom? You and Dad are really Santa, right?"
And she said, "Well, what do you think?"
And I said, "I think it's you and Dad." 
"You're right." she said and hugged me. 
"Mom?" I said.
"Yes?"
"Does the same thing go for the Easter Bunny, the Tooth Fairy and God too?"

No comments:

Post a Comment