Tuesday, September 13, 2011

All the contractors think I'm so funny!


We're having some work done on our house.  We got a new roof.  And I must admit, I was so mad about having to spend all that money on a thing as boring as a roof, but now that its done, I really think it looks pretty.  The reason we had to get the roof is that we had leaking and a lot of paint and plaster on our walls was peeling and cracking and falling on our heads!  Our roofer was a really nice guy and I tried to stand outside with him occasionally like Tad did and talk roof stuff, but it always seemed like he was amused with me.  And I could never really think of anything to say anyway. I must have roofer social awkwardness.

Right now we are having a second bathroom installed upstairs where Lucy's closet was.  We had our consultation with our bathroom guy I really like him.  He's really nice.  And I feel like I can really chat it up with him--which is different than the roofer.  I couldn't figure it out but then when he was coming in our house the other day I heard him saying, "Did you see Lady Gaga on MTV last night?"  So then it made sense.  The bathroom is coming together and I'm so excited to get it done.  I asked our builder to also fix the peeling paint int he stairwell.  Yesterday, when I came home from work, he informed me that when he pulled back the drywall, he saw that there were carpenter ants in the wall. Durg!

So I told him that I am a shortcut kind of person and I like things to get done fast, not necessarily right and couldn't he just spray a little ant stuff on the other side of the drywall and close it back up? And he laughed and said he could do that but he couldn't guarantee that the ants were only in that part of the wall.  And come to think of it, we've had ants going marching all over our house all summer ten by ten!  Hurrah. Not.

So I talked to my very handy neighbor and my husband who is not very handy but who likes things to be done correctly, no matter how long they take, and they convinced me to call the exterminator.  I called our bathroom guy back to tell him that I was peer pressured and he laughed really hard.  He said "spouse pressure or peer pressure?" And I thought for a moment and said, "Well..both!"  And he laughed.  Then I told him that the bug guy would come on Wednesday and could work with them as long as it was okay with them. and then he laughed again and said "bug guy!  Goodbye Alie."  And we hung up.  I mean, I don't know why he thinks I'm so funny. I mean, I know I'm funny, but he thinks I'm funny when I'm not being funny on purpose!

No comments:

Post a Comment