Sunday, September 11, 2011

Whatta weekend!


Twas the weekend of Alie!  

Friday night I went to Miller Park with my coworkers and we tailgated and then watched the Brewers play the Phillies.  One of my favorite things to do at Brewer games is sing the song "Never Surrender" by 80's rocker Cory Hart whenever current Brewer Cory Hart goes up to bat.  I sing it as loud as I can.  And I cheer for the Brewers loud too. People get so mad at me.  There were lots of people in the row in front of me turning around with such annoyance, I wish I could show you on this here blog, how they looked! And one girl even turned around and said to me with much disdain, "Sit DOWN!"  Jeeeez! I say, if you can't yell at a ball game where can you yell?

Saturday I picked up my friend Jen at 8:30 a.m. and the two of us drove to Chicago and parked my car at a metered spot and went to the Renegade Craft Fair.  whoah.  It was shopping heaven for me, let me tell you.  It was weird though, I was thinking that I could get some early Christmas shopping done, but really all the stuff that was there was my style, not necessarily anyone in my family's.  I wanted to call everyone and just them know that I'd be taking care of all my gifts and they could just wrap them later!   Jen and I decided to walk the length of the fair and then walk it a second time to buy things.  We were halfway up the second side of the fair (on our second lap) and we both looked up, thinking we were close to the end.  It was like one of those halls of mirrors...  Tents!! As far as the eye could see. So we happily admitted we were both out of steam and went home.  It was a lovely walking, talking and shopping time, though!!

Speaking of shopping... TODAY I got to go to a clothing swap at my neighbors.  Lots of women came and we all hung and displayed our stuff...then by raffle drawing four people get to go first, getting 30 seconds to choose 3 items.  And you go on like that for a few rounds and then it's a free-for-all.  I had such fun!
We finished the weekend with a European themed dinner with friends.  The children went bongos playing together and I tried to reel them in by having each kid try speaking in a British accent and then singing "She'll be coming round the mountain" in a British accent.  It did nothing more than rile them up further, but it sure was amusing.


Lucy's chariot got stolen today...the thing I pull her in behind my bike...  She was very mad that a "robber" came and took it.  And our trip to cranky Al's was very cranky indeed.  She had a tantrum about something or other and I had to take her home.  No doughnut for either of us.  Durg!  But on the walk home I repeated.... "this is still my weekend and I'm going to continue enjoying it..."  I did.

No comments:

Post a Comment