Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Can't a person just have a moment of embarassing indulgence to a person's self?

Initially I surprised myself by being so cool and relaxed about the fact that I broke my toe in a random slip on my own floor, mostly due to the fact that I had to launch immediately into one of my busiest work weeks of the year.  But today I had to see the orthopedic doctor who very kindly told me that I may not go running for five to six weeks.
Tonight, I am sitting on the couch with my foot up. My kids are in bed and I'm nursing my pain, both physical and psychic (due to the fact that I will not be exercising the way I like to and will be moving excruciatingly slowly for the next five to six weeks).
I popped a Tylenol with Codeine and turned on Americas Funniest Home Videos (one of my guilty pleasures).  I was just eating an ice cream bar and laughing at a baby singing "Jingle Bells" while also crying, when I heard a little voice behind me.
"Mommy?"
There was Coen.
"Oh!"  I scrambled out of my relaxed position, trying to hide the fact that I was eating a much coveted treat.
"Oh, that's okay that you're eating ice cream, Mom." Coen said. "What are you watching?"
Cripes!
I put walked him back upstairs to tuck him in.

When I came back my ice cream was melted.  My show was over.  I swung my legs up to the couch and knocked my water over.  There is still a puddle on the floor.  I'll clean it up eventually.  But for now, I'm going to look at Facebook posts until my Tylenol kicks in and know that tomorrow will be a better day.



No comments:

Post a Comment