Thursday, September 6, 2012

Doing a shot before bed.

Those of you know know me, know that I don't drink.  I've never been a drinker.  That's because, most likely, I'm probably an alcoholic.  So I just never went there.  I haven't really had the experience of being out of control of my faculties....except for just being who I am....

But man, do I love a shot of NyQuil. 

I came down with a head cold yesterday, feeling feverish, out of it, sneezes that made me feel like I needed to be plugged in to an IV after.  Well, maybe that's a bit dramatic, but it's a doozy of a cold.  End of summer colds always are. 

So last night immediately after reading Lucy her stories (and being criticized for reading "Diary of a Worb" instead of "Diary of a Worm" due to my plugged up head) I went straight to the bathroom and downed a shot of NyQuil. It took me two tries, and a violent shake of my head.  It's like what I imagine Jagermeister to be like.  But aaahh the woozy, dozy, sleepy feeling to follow is just bliss.  I can understand why people do drink.  The dulling of the senses is nice.  But as for me, I'll stick to NyQuil shots when I have a cold. 

Now, I'm on the couch, getting some work done and having a liquid breakfast of coffee, orange juice and water.  I'll end the day, though, with one more NyQuil nightcap.

No comments:

Post a Comment