Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Extracurricular overload


It used to be that I'd go to work during the day and play soccer on Tuesdays, Thursdays and Sundays and take my Milwaukee Rec class or two on Saturday mornings and not really think about things in terms of extracurricular activities.  But that was when it was just my life.

Now I have the schedules of four people to manage, including my own and suddenly I'm on extracurricular overload. And I don't even think we have it as busy as some families.

I have Hula Hoop class on Tuesdays and I teach a class on Wednesday evenings and I had Zumba on Wednesday nights but that got cancelled (maybe it's a good thing)
Tad runs Chess Club after school on Tuesdays and Thursdays
Coen has Chess Club after school on Tuesdays and Thursdays and will have Sunday morning baseball coming up in February and March
Lucy has Swimming Lessons on Wednesday nights and Ballet on Saturday mornings.

Not to mention that Tad and I have full time jobs and Lucy and Coen are at school from 8:00 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. every day....

And I'm thinking ohmygosh Tad has to take Lucy and Coen to swim alone on Wednesdays because I'm teaching that class now and I have to hurry up and get Lucy on Tuesday afternoons so that she can get a bath in and some down time and so I can be the one to put her to bed before Hula Hoop Class and she has to go to Afterschool program on Thursdays because of chess club and we have to make sure we wake up early enough before Ballet or Baseball so we don't feel rushed and on and on and on......

BUT!

This is life and we chose those particular activities because we ENJOY them.  And I find that when I take a deep breath and then just DO them...and not worry so much about how late it gets or about the particulars of fitting meals in and bedtimes and how many days is it since my children had baths... I do enjoy them.  And I enjoy watching my family members enjoy their activities.

So. Ready? Set? EXTRACURRICULAR!!!!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment