Saturday, October 22, 2011

Is it me, or are we beginning to look more and more like our pumkins.

My jack-o-lantern from last night which Tad claims is even more obnoxious than me.
Carving pumpkins is truly one of my most favorite things in the year.  When Tad and I got together, he was quite adverse to this activity.  But he saw how much I love doing it.  When we got married, in 2004, we each wrote our own vows.  Here is an excerpt from Tad's to me:

I promise also, to carve pumpkins with you each and every October

And he has.  And we noticed, last year, that the pumpkin I carved for Lucy, looked remarkably like her and a certain face she makes.  See below

The middle pumpkin is Lucy's

Uncanny, isn't it?

And last night's pumpkin that I carved definitely channels my own energy, as you can see above.  Last night, we let Coen carve his own pumpkin for the first time ever.  But below is a picture of a four year old Coen with his pumpkin, later carved by me.  In the picture, Coen has made the face with marker.



Finally, I'll share below another pumpkin that Tad carved.  And a picture of Tad the year he dressed as Uncle Sam.  They have a similar look on their faces if you ask me.




There you have it.  The Kriofske Mainella family: a history in pumpkins.  This is really such a wonderful time of year.  I love autumn leaves and all the colors. I love caramel apples and pumpkin flavored bakery. I love going to the Elegant Farmer with my family and my sister's.  I love costumes and trick or treat, and having a seemingly endless supply of chocolate around the house.  I love being outside with a sweater and a scarf.  And most of all, I love pumpkin carving night with my family.

Happy Autumn, dear readers. 


No comments:

Post a Comment