Friday, April 27, 2012

Frosty the Snowman

Last night I made chocolate chip cookies so Tad could eat cookie dough.  I made a half batch which should yield about three dozen cookies.  Mine yielded two dozen and two extra cookies.  THAT'S how much cookie dough Tad ate: Enough for 10 cookies.

I wonder if school will call today and ask me to pick him up.

While I was making cookie dough and he was doing the dishes, we were chatting and he was telling me about how he didn't feel like he was having the greatest week at school and he sort of felt like a creep because he didn't have his usual patience level.

"That's okay, baby.  Even when you're at your worst, you're still a kind soul."
And then I started giggling.  Because I said it without really choosing my words and 'kind soul' is really not a phrase that I would normally use. It sounded sort of silly. 
Tad laughed too. "Am I Frosty the Snowman?"
Well then, I had to retaliate.  I grabbed him under the arms which really tickles him.  
He got away and went over to the couch where I sat next to him.
"You KNOW what I mean!" I said.
Of course he did, but the moment was lost and he was way too amused with himself.
Then he broke into song
"Frosty the snowman, was a jolly kind old soul. With his g-d kids and his f-ing wife..."
I tried to retaliate again but it was too funny.

He sang his version of Frosty the Snowman for the rest of the night, censoring it of course for the children. (By sensor, I mean he mouths the swear words so they can't hear them, but I still know they're there.)

At bedtime, as I brought Lucy upstairs to brush her teeth, I heard her singing under her breath.  I leaned closer to see what it was.

Frosty the Snowman.

No comments:

Post a Comment