Thursday, April 5, 2012

You can never have too many shoes.

A stereotypical female I am not (completely).  I don't wear make up or perfume, I angrily throw away fashion magazines that make women feel like they have to lose weight or need tips on how to please their lovers, I am cool with rolling around in the dirt with my kids and getting mud on my face, and playing tackle football...

But I do have this quality, stereotypical as it may be... I love shoes!

So the other day when I got a flyer in the mail from Stans Bootery claiming that I'd get a free $10 gift card and a free pair of socks with any shoe purchase, I put that flyer right in my bag and went there the day the special started.

Come on! Free socks!!!

Now, I likely don't need any more shoes.  I have a shoe rack, a shoe hanger and my closet floor is covered with shoes.


Exhibit A: My closet

I have seven pairs of boots, five pairs of sandals and there are many other varieties and types I won't even go into. But recently my Keens fell apart and I feel I really need a replacement pair of brown shoes that can be worn not only to work but also on a long walk! I do!  So off I went to Stans. Anyway, FREE SOCKS!!!

Of course having said that, I should probably mention that I don't really need any more socks either.


Exhibit B: My sock drawer

My sock drawer is the biggest of the three top drawers of my dresser, meant for intimate apparel and the like.  I also love socks.  And once again, there are so many kinds of socks one might need to have in one's wardrobe--knee-highs, decorative socks, seasonal socks, socks for exercising, socks that are so small that you can't even tell you're wearing socks, and socks with toes in them. 

I know I don't need anymore shoes. Or socks. But the lure of the colorful flyer was too much for me to handle and I am now the proud owner of a new pair of brown, sensible but comfortable..and cute shoes AND a free pair of socks.

Oh, and a $10 gift card.  And of course, you know what that means...I'll have to go back for more!

No comments:

Post a Comment